Positive Pay Update
An updated version of our Positive Pay product is coming September 12, 2023. We are confident this change will enhance your Positive Pay experience.
The enhanced changes will feature the following:
- The Payee field for check items will now be available to allow you to review and confirm the Payee, reducing the risk of possible fraudulent items being paid on your account.
- ACH transactions, to include both debits and credits, will allow you to review and confirm your ACH activity. You will have the ability to pay or return your ACH items as well as accept and block certain transactions giving you full control over your electronic payments; reducing the risk of possible fraudulent items being paid on your account.
A new user guide detailing these enhancements will be mailed to you prior to the update in September. We ask that you destroy your previous user guide at that time or feel free to mail it to us and we will take care of it for you at no cost.
Positive Pay is the most effective method available to protect against business loss due to check and ACH fraud. As the fraudulent production of checks and fraudulent creation of ACH transactions becomes increasingly easy, positive pay and automated account reconciliation services are critical to protect against fraud.
- Increases both the effectiveness and timeliness of fraudulent Check detection through our Business Online/Positive Pay.
- You send a file of issued Checks each day and in turn, you receive a daily notification of Exception Items through our commercial online banking program. This enables you, the business account holder, to send handling instructions and notify the bank of possible fraud.
- Increases both the effectiveness and timeliness of fraudulent ACH detection through our Business Online/Positive Pay.
- The business account holder looks at and can return fraudulent ACH payments or credits that do not belong to you.
- Reduce fraud: Timely notification of suspect items reduces the chance of fraud.
- Streamline: Online Positing and the Internet enable a more efficient process for handling fraudulent checks and ACHs.
- Give Account Holders Control: Account Holders gain increased control over the payment of checks or ACHs