New Page 1
New Page 1
Citizens Bank was chartered in January 1949. Headquartered in Kilgore, Texas, the bank is an independent community bank that has eight Banking Center locations throughout Texas.
- July 1949 - Ribbon cutting celebration for the new Citizens State Bank and Trust Company located on East Main Street in Kilgore. Opening day deposits were an estimated $1 million. Services offered included checking accounts, U.S. Savings Bonds, safe deposit boxes, loans, and a collection and exchange department.
- July 1968 - A new drive-in window facility was opened. Located on a one-way alley, it had two windows, and was housed in a small masonry building attached by a walkway at the rear of the bank. It was the first drive-in facility in Kilgore.
- June 1972 - The bank name was changed from Citizens State Bank and Trust Company to Citizens Bank. The bank purchased the three lower floors of the main tower of the former Kilgore Hotel building and soon started work on an interior and exterior renovation. The floor space of 18,000 sq. ft. was four times greater than in its previous location. A community room, containing l,400 sq. ft. of space, was made available to the public.
- Aug 1973 - Citizens Bank moved into its new banking facility with four new drive-in lanes available.
- Jan 1975 – The bank became a part of Allied Bancshares, a Houston based, multi-bank holding company. The bank changed its name to Allied Citizens Bank.
- Nov 1987 -The bank was purchased by local investors and the bank name was changed to Citizens Bank.
- Dec 1988 - Citizens Bank acquired the deposits and certain assets of the First National Bank of Center and established a banking center in that location.
- May 1989 - Kilgore location expanded the drive-in facility by adding three more lanes for a total of seven, including a commercial lane.
- May 1989 - An Oil and Gas department was established. Citizens Bank is the only oil and gas bank between Dallas and Shreveport.
- Aug 1990 - Citizens Bank acquired the deposits and certain assets of the First National Bank of Levelland and established a banking center in that location.
- Sep 1992 - Citizens Bank acquired the deposits and certain assets of the First National Bank of Yorktown and established a banking center in that location.
- Jan 1993 - Citizens Bank acquired two First City banks located in Kountze and Sour Lake, Texas, and established banking centers in each of these locations.
- Sep 1997 - Citizens Bank opened a new banking center in Carthage, Texas.
- July 1999 - The bank celebrated its 50th anniversary.
- Feb 2001 - Citizens Bank opened an In-Store banking center at Brookshire’s located in Kilgore, Texas.
- Oct 2004 - A loan production office was opened in Humble, Texas.
- April 2005 - Citizens Bank opened a new banking center in Humble, Texas.
- February 2006 - Citizens Bank opens new loan production office in The Woodlands.
- July 1, 2007 - Citizens Bank officially opens the new Humble Banking Center Building for business. The four-story structure located at 8811 FM 1960 Bypass Road took approximately one year to complete.
- July 8, 2008 - Citizens Bank officially opens the new College Station Loan Production Office at 424 Tarrow Street, Suite 101 in College Station. The bank has plans to convert the Loan Production Office to a full-service banking center within the next year to a year and a half..
- December 15, 2008 - Citizens Bank officially opens the new Woodlands Banking Center at 3705 College Park Drive in The Woodlands. The one-story building replaces a Loan Production Office in the community.
- July 25-July 29, 2009 - Citizens Bank turns 60 years old on July 25, 2009. Citizens Bank holds a 60th birthday party in each location on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 to mark the bank's 60th birthday. In Kilgore, resolutions are presented by Kilgore Mayor Joe Parker, Chamber of Commerce President Mike Coston, State Representative Tommy Merritt and others. Approximately 200 guests enjoy refreshments and a few comments by President Sammy D. York, Chairman of the Board Larry T. Long and a depositor from the first day the bank was opened, Kyle Bates. Other locations also held receptions in their lobbies for the birthday celebration.
- September 14, 2009 - Citizens Bank officially opens the new Bryan/College Station Banking Center at 3111 University Drive East in Bryan, Texas. The bank has had a loan production office in Bryan/College Station since July of 2008 but has moved the temporary building which once housed the Humble Banking Center to Bryan/College Station.
Click here for information on a
Banking Center near you.
BACK TO TOP